Chicken Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1-1/2 cups cooked whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1. Chop the green onions and red peppers.
2. Trim the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and boil or steam until just tender.
3. Cook pasta according to directions on package but omitting the salt.
4. While pasta is cooking, drain Brussels sprouts and set aside.
5. Heat butter and oil and sauté green onions in skillet.
6. Add red peppers and Brussels sprouts, stirring until just golden on the edges.
7. Add soy sauce and let vegetable mixture stand covered until pasta is done.
8. Heat chicken in microwave if needed.
9. Toss pasta, chicken, and cooked vegetables in a bowl.
10. Serve immediately while hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1-1/3 cup
Protein: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Sodium: 228 mg
Potassium: 416 mg
Phosphorus: 217 mg