- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 large pear halves, canned in juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Additional fresh raspberries
1. For simple syrup, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup water and the sugar to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Place in refrigerator to cool.
2. Meanwhile, for puree, in food processor combine the 1 pint raspberries, pear, and lime juice. Cover; process 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir in chilled simple syrup.
3. Prepare per ice-cream maker instructions OR spread mixture in an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Cover; freeze 4 hours or until solid. Break up mixture with a fork; place in food processor. Cover; process 30 seconds or until smooth.
4. Transfer to 1 quart freezer container; cover and freeze sorbet 6 to 8 hours or until solid. To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before scooping.
5. Serve with additional raspberries.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Protein: 0.9 g
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Sodium: 3 mg
Potassium: 168 mg
Phosphorus: 27 mg