- 1 bunch fresh basil (washed and stemmed)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups lemon juice (12 to 15 lemons)
- 2 cups cold or sparkling water
Basil Simple Syrup:
1. In a saucepan, combine basil, 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water.
2. Simmer until the sugar is dissolved, roughly 5 minutes.
3. Cool, strain and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Mix lemon juice, basil simple syrup and 2 cups cold or sparkling water together in a pitcher.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories (per serving): 276
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g